No, I still used getColourBoundsRect. It works OK until you get more than
one object of the same colour - then you end up getting big rectangles
which span the distance between the two, which is bad. You could *probably*
get around this with some kind of quadtree-type algorithm, it's something
I've been meaning to look into, and will probably be going back to soon. (As
soon as I get five spare minutes...)

Also - Grant Skinner claims to have solved the problem, but AFAIK, he's only
posted videos, not working examples, so I don't know what approach he used.