Hello :)

with Vegas : http://osflash.org/vegas

you can use the class DisplayFactory :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/src/vegas/util/factory/DisplayFactory.as

Install the AS2 src of vegas in your classpaths and test the example :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/vegas/util/factory/

You can try my example too in Lunas, the Components library extension of
vegas :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/lunas/display/components/button/

EKA+ :)

2006/9/20, Alain Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

There is an interesting article on the subject in the Flashcoder's Wiki
at osflash.org :

http://www.osflash.org/flashcoders/as2#creating_a_class_instance_based_on_movieclip_without_a_symbol_in_the_library

With this approach you can create a class that extends MovieClip and
then create an instance of that class without a symbol in the library. I
found it very useful and really neat ! works like a charm !

Alain