Yes please.  I use extensive use of the XPath class and would appreciate
it.  Thanks,

Doug Coning

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 12:20 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] DECODE XML Encoded Characters?

That "decodeEntities" function is actually taken from a class I wrote to
overcome some annoyances with xfactorstudios Xpath implementation.  So
in part of the class I just use that private function as needed in a
getString function I wrote which returns a string (also works with
CDATA):

public function getString(path:String, CDATA:Boolean):String{
        var returnValue:String;
        if(CDATA){
                returnValue = XMLNode(XPath.selectNodes(this.XMLObj,
path+"/text()")[0]).nodeValue;
        }else{
                returnValue = String(XPath.selectNodes(this.XMLObj,
path)[0]);
        }
        return decodeEntities(returnValue);
};

I can send you the class offlist if you like.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions