first thing that comes to mind is a cross domain issue. are you loading the
flv from another domain? if so, bitmapdata.draw will not work.

On 9/25/06, Martin Baltzer Hennelund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm using the BitmapData Object to take a "snapshot" of the pages in my
flash app and it works fine on movieclips without a flv video player inside.
But on of the pages has an movieclip inside it which is playing
(streaming) a flv file and when I try to take a snapshot of this page
movieclip the bitmap objects returns empty (It is created but is blank).
When I remove the movieplayer mc the bitmapdata is created correctly!

What am I doing wrong or is this flash bug?

Cheers Martin

Heres my code

//----------------------------------------------------------
public function toBitmapData(mContent:MovieClip):BitmapData{

  var width:Number      = Math.min( Math.ceil(mContent._width), 2880);
  var height:Number     = Math.min(Math.ceil(mContent._height), 2880);

  var oBmp:BitmapData = new BitmapData(width,height, true, 0x55ffffff);

  oBmp.draw( mContent );

  //debugging
  var m:MovieClip = _level0.createEmptyMovieClip("mcTest", 999999999);
  m.attachBitmap(oBmp, 1);

  return oBmp;
}