At 08:01 AM 9/27/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi
I have an unusual flash form project in that the hosting provider doesn't support ANY server side scripting. My goal is to simply pass name value pairs from a form...I assume the only way I can do this is using sendAndLoad and a LoadVars object. Since the hosting provider dooesn't support any server side scripting, instead of targeting a specific file on the server, I was simply going to target a directory and then retrieve the name value pairs from the server's log file.

Does this make sense?

Any other solutions greatly appreciated!
Jim Bachalo

[e] jbach at bitstream.ca
[c] 416.668.0034
[w] www.bitstream.ca
"...all improvisation is life in search of a style."
             - Bruce Mau,'LifeStyle'

Change your provider - their position in this day and age is nuts.
Maybe they don't know what they are doing?

If you really want to play, set up an account at hub.org. BSD system, virtual machine, and you can install just about anything in your machine.

Other than that, there are a gazillion providers which offer basic databae/scripting.

Regards - Miles