I use this method.  Unzip the attached JS file and put it into a scripts
directory in your root.

HTML Usage:

<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="scripts/swfobject.js"></script>
</head>

<!--start new code for MS IE activeX issue-->
                                <!--
                                        <object
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0";
                                                width="757"
                                                height="147"
                                                id="main"
                                                align="middle">
                                                <param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="sameDomain" />
                                                <param name="movie"
value="main.swf?linkSection='+query1+'" />
                                                <param name="quality"
value="high" />
                                                <param name="bgcolor"
value="#ffffff" />
                                                <embed
src="main.swf?linkSection='+query1+'""
                                                quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff"
                                                width="757"
                                                height="147"
                                                name="main"
                                                align="middle"
                                                allowscriptaccess="sameDomain"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"; />
                                </object>
                -->
                 <script type="text/javascript">
                 var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
                 var so = new SWFObject("main.swf", "core", "757", "147", "8");
                 so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
                 so.addVariable("quality", "high");
                 so.addVariable("linkSection", query1);
                 so.write("navigation");
</script>

That should fix it...just repleace the obvious things in the code, like the
name of your swf and the height/width and you should be good to go.  Victor