-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Francis
Turmel
Sent: donderdag 28 september 2006 20:09
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] movieclip._y = textField._height

I wrote my solution to this a couple weeks ago (never got any answers if
it
worked for the person who asked though).

take a look here:
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/pipermail/flashcoders/2006-August/170985.ht
ml

It seems that the first use of a text height in actionscript can be
unreliable
but from the second time you reference it it looks fine.

So if my theory holds its ground, your first use (the trace()) would
print
out
the wrong value, but your assignment afterwards will be ok.
Remove the trace and it shouldn't work.

I'd love to have some feedback on this, its an intriguing one.

hope this helps,

- Francis

On 9/28/06, vic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Haha, I would seriously take that bet.  You have to listen to what he
is
> saying, xray will trip you out; not only can you control anything in
your
> swf at runtime but you can also view all of its properties.  I am new
to it
> so i don't know all it can do but I KNOW it can help you with _height.

Francis Turmel
Personal: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Business: [EMAIL PROTECTED]