It was cast before. No difference.

- A

Matthias Dittgen wrote:
Hello Andreas,

try with casting:

var textForwarder:ClassName =
ClassName(userInterface.attachMovie("textForwarderMC","textForwarderClip",TEXTFORWARDERDEPTH));

attachMovie has MovieClip as return type. You would like to cast to
your class which you call "(TextForwarder is a )MovieClip extension".
I use the syntax above, and it works perfectly for me. The only
difference is, that I use something like this:

var instanceName:ClassName =
ClassName(this.attachMovie(ClassName.SymbolName,"instanceName",this.getNextHighestDepth()));

and my Class looks like this:

class ClassName extends MovieClip
{
public static var SymbolName:String = "__Packages.com.domain.ClassName";
    public static var SymbolOwner:Function = ClassName;
public static var SymbolLinked = Object.registerClass(SymbolName,SymbolOwner);

    // constructor
    public function ClassName()
    {

Have fun!