I know this is an old message and an old enemy, but I though I'd share a workaround that seems to do the trick.

When I get these errors (and I know my code is clean), I just delete my classpath settings (Preferences > ActionScript > ActionScript 2.0 Settings) and click OK. Then I reset the settings back the way they were, click OK, check syntax again and the problem is gone. You might have to throw in a Delete ASO Files command as well.

I'm working with properly packaged reverse domain name as files (com/ myco/category/file.as), so that probably makes a difference as well.

Steve

On 2006-07-06, at 2:27 AM, Adrian Park wrote:

I encountered this strange quirk recently as well. I found the most reliable solution is to duplicate your project folder, open and recompile from that folder, close and continue working from your original folder and everything
is fine (for a while)!

No amount of deleting ASO cache solves it (in fact, some say it compounds
the problem).

Here is an extensive outline of the problem which a) doesn't seem to provide
a solution (other than saying you can safely ignore the error) and b)
doesn't suggest how to prevent the problem arising.

http://ericlin2.tripod.com/as2/conflict.html

If anyone can shed any more light on how to prevent this quirk, I'd be
grateful.

HTH
A.