On 6 okt 2006, at 19.15, slangeberg wrote:

My problem is finding a way for the preloader class instance to tell when
the
movieclip reaches a certain frame or frame label

Actually, I prefer to set things up in an event-based model. I don't have the code in front of me, but if you look at the EventDispatcher class, you can have whatever movie is doing the loading to add listeners to that which
was loaded:

myClip.addEventListener( "complete", Delegate.create( this, onComplete ) );

and inside of myClip, you'll need to:

this.dispatchEvent( {type:"complete", target:this} );

Unfortunately this behavior is not built into MovieClip... Just some
ideas...

Scott

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
I ended up setting up my own event handler without using listener functionality. It tags movieclips with an ID, which is passed to a central content manager, which in turn passes it to the correct class instance. Very simple and efficient with few lines of code. Perhaps not very elegant, but it works. :-)

Cheers,
Dan