Interesting. Thank you, I will try this out tonight when I get home!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ramon
Miguel M. Tayag
Sent: 11 October 2006 13:48
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] CacheAsBitmap advice

I've posted this before, but it may help you:
================
http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=659163
================

As you can see in that post, if you do any scaling or rotation to a
cachedAsBitmap MovieClip, it temporarily becomes a vector again, just
to update itself.  That class can "force" a movieclip to stay as a
bitmap, even if you make it super big.  Of course, it'll get blurry if
it's too big.

Key is to taking a snapshot of what you want at the biggest size it'll
be, or updating the bitmap data when it's at it's biggest size.

On 10/11/06, Jason Ross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi - thank you to both Ian and Ramon.
>
> And yes, the pictures are scrolling, but they are contained in
> movieclips that contain vector data (i.e. to artwork around the
photos).
> See what I mean? Though I take your point as through my
experimentation