-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of grimmwerks
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 11:11 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Re: zinc kills a variable with a new String()?

 Of course, the var i fixed it (in the 'for') -- but I don't get why it
blewup; I've noticed this elsewhere too today.

Say I had a function that calls a subfunction, ie

mainStuff = function(){
for(i=0; i<theList.length; i++){
ret = subStuff(tList[i]);

subStuff = function(which){
for(i=0; i<which.length; i++){
//whatever

I noticed that 'i' would get shared across the instances, that it wouldn't
work. ie it would work in mainstuff, bounce to subStuff which would iterate
more, get mainStuff confused, etc.

This is in direct violation to what the local var should be, no? I mean,
I've never experienced that before.

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com

   Robert r. Sanders
   Chief Technologist