Hi Stephen,

The best way to use a preloader is to put it in a different swf movie that loads the one you wish to preload, that way you'll be sure it will load correctly.

HTH

A.

Stephen Ford wrote:

I'm using AS2 classes in my flash movie.

I have created a class called Preloader.

How can I load this class without loading all other classes.

The problem is that when testing my movie, nothing appears onscreen until about
30% of the total movie has loaded (because by default flash loads all classes
before anything else).

You can select what frame of a movie to load your classes on, but what if you
want to load all classes (except one class - in this case the Preloaded class)
later than the first frame ??? so that your preloader is working straight away
???