-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Herrman
Sent: 16 octobre 2006 16:38
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] ppt to flash

There are commercial pieces of software that will do it (we use one here at
work as part of our product), and I believe they all use VBScript to
interact with Powerpoint.  However, from what I've heard the next version of
Powerpoint will not have the VBScript support anymore (I guess MS
specifically says it shouldn't be used for things like this, so they're
killing it), so I'm not sure how good of a long-term solution that would be.

What parts of the PPT stuff are you trying to convert?  If you want
animations and sound and such then it would be pretty difficult, but if all
you want are the images then you could just use PPT to save the slides out
as images (just pick the JPG format in the "Save As..."
dialog) and then have flash use those images for the slides.  You'd have to
manually write the Flash code to handle the switching of slides and such,
but it's an easy way to get all the images you need.

   -Andy

On 10/16/06, Alain Rousseau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You should try OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org,
>
> It's similar to Windows Office, but open source and you have an
> application that reads PowerPoints. With it you can convert your
PowerPoints to swf.

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com