On Oct 17, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Steven Sacks | BLITZ wrote:

If you're a Mac user you should really check out TextMate. It's by and large the best coding tool out there and until FlashDevelop came out, it was better than any windows text editor. I don't know any coders on the mac who are without it whether they code Java, Rails, PHP, C++, HTML, Javascript, Actionscript what have you. It's quite simply an unbelievable application and worth the paltry $35 or whatever it costs. It has customizable code completion and insanely cool macros you can create that make coding a breeze.

On the downside for TextMate, the out-of-the-box experience is not very good. The built-in bundle seems compelling, however its features are broken, and as it is a third-party bundle, it does not appear to be maintained.

Sometimes I mess with the bundle to see if I can make it work better, but haven't had much luck. I don't program perl, for one thing. I don't think that should be a requirement for improving AS development workflows.

This makes TextMate a better-than-average text editor, but not much to rave over regarding an improved actionscript workflow under OSX.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.