you can look this sample that is on the flash help.

import flash.display.BitmapData;
import flash.geom.Rectangle;
import flash.geom.Point;
var bitmapData_1:BitmapData = BitmapData.loadBitmap(imagesLinkID);
var bitmapData_2:BitmapData = new BitmapData(100, 80, false, 0x00FF0000);

var mc_1:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc",
this.getNextHighestDepth());
mc_1.attachBitmap(bitmapData_1, this.getNextHighestDepth());

var mc_2:MovieClip = this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc",
this.getNextHighestDepth());
mc_2.attachBitmap(bitmapData_2, this.getNextHighestDepth());
mc_2._x = 101;

mc_1.onPress = function() {
   bitmapData_2.copyPixels(bitmapData_1, new Rectangle(0, 0, 50, 80),
new Point(51, 0));
}

mc_2.onPress = function() {
   bitmapData_1.copyPixels(bitmapData_2, new Rectangle(0, 0, 50, 80),
new Point(51, 0));
}