I'm pretty new at this, so I'm not sure how much help I can really be,
but I'll give it a shot.

One thing I just noticed is that in your code for the button movie you
instantiate the LocalConnection but don't call connect().  If what you
gave there is all of your code than that's probably the problem.

You seem to be including the name of the connection when you call
'send'.  I don't think this is right (at least from the way I'm used
to using it).  Instead, you'd do something like this:

 var sending_lc:LocalConnection = new LocalConnection();
 sending_lc.connect("myConnections");
 play_button.onRelease = function()
 {
    sending_lc.send("methodToExecute", "C:/inmylife.mp3", "MP3");
 }

Try that and see if it helps.

  -Andy