Hi Eric

I'm not sure if it will help your exact situation, but my blazePDF component
will allow you to create a PDF document at run-time entirely within your
Flash app (no print drivers or anything). You could, in theory, use this to
create your PDF which retains vector representations of drawing commands,
allows bitmap images or MovieClips to be rendered as bitmap, and then save
the PDF. You can then open the PDF in Illustrator, Freehand, PhotoShop, et
al.

While I did have a Flash2EPS project many years ago, it was fairly limited
in scope. And since you mentioned MovieClips, I avoid going this route as it
was just basic drawing commands.

You can find more info on blazePDF at www.blazepdf.com (neat, huh?) ;-)

Hope that helps.

Cheers