I am pretty sure Zinc has nothing to do with SSL, it is all done by the
flash plugin. So it may just work (why not try it to find out?).

-David R

On 10/19/06, Jim Kremens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Interesting.... thanks for the reply!  I'll look into it.

Still, this thing is largely built (we're taking it over from another
developer).  It would be a drag to have to rebuild it.  So if anyone has
any
experience doing this in Zinc, please chime in!

Thanks,

Jim Kremens

On 10/19/06, Robert r. Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Depending on what you need to do and what expertize you have on hand, I
> believe there is also a customizable, kiosk oriented version of Firefox
> that might be the answer.
>

> Jim Kremens wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Basically, I need do webservices call through Flash with a certificate
> > in a
> > Zinc-powered kiosk app.  I know this works in a browser - with SSL the
> > browser does all the hard work.  But I'm not sure if it's possible
with
> > projector.  Zinc would have to provide some means of handling an https
> > handshake and I've not been able to find any indication that it can.
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jim Kremens
> >
> > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > http://www.figleaf.com