Hi,

  "safe mode" can have an effect on what chmod is allowed to do - you can't
chmod
a file if safe mode is on and your PHP script is not the owner...
Shared hosting?

I am not to sure about the mechanism behind FileReference so I don't know how it
passes the data to the server, but if it is a POST you may be able to use
php://input to grab the stream directly and work around the chmod issue?

  Glen

On Fri Oct 20  4:52 , 'Carl Welch' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: