Been awhile since I've explained this to anyone.. lets see how this
goes!

"SOHCAHTOA" (so-ca-toa)

Sin(a) = opposite/hypotenuse
Cos(a) = adjacent/hypotenuse
Tan(a) = opposite/adjacent

a = angle in RADIANS *not* degrees.. you'll have to convert degrees to
radians with knowing:

..there are PI (3.14159..) radians in 180 degrees (a fundamental), thus:
a = A*(PI/180), thus:
a = 45*(3.14159/180) = .785 (roughly)

Given r and angle=A degrees converted to a radians, r is the same as the
length of a basic triangles' hypotenuse in this -- we're looking for x,y
.. moving on:

A=45 degrees but converted to a=.785 radians (approx).. we know that:

r=10, and should know that:
r=sqrt(x^2+y^2) (per Pythagoras theorem)

so we're going to reverse format the SOH and CAH parts since we know the
length of the hypotenuse and need to find out x and y (the opposite and
adjacent sides' lengths) one at a time based on angle, a in radians:

sin(a)=y/r, and,
cos(a)=x/r, which translates to:

y=sin(a)/r, and
x=cos(a)/r, however:

y=sin(a)/10, and
x=cos(a)/10, thus:

y=sin(.785)/10, and
x=cos(.785)/10, thus:

y=0.707/10 = 7.07 (roughly)
x=0.707/10 = 7.07 (roughly)

I think that should set you on you on track! Hope that helps :)

-Jayson