Josh Davis demonstrated how to do this at an old Flash Forward conference. I don't remember the exact details, but it involved printing the SWF as it was running to a Postscript printer driver, but having the output save to a PS file rather than actually printing. I'm sure the exact process is described on the web someplace.

-josh

On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:51p, Eric Lee wrote:

Sorry, should've been a bit more specific --

I have a swf that is dynamically generating vector data (placing movie
clips, drawing lines, etc. according to predefined algorithms). I'm looking to export data generated from that swf to a vector format, and I don't think
copy and paste works for this type of thing. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
-Eric
++

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glen Pike
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:13 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Exporting from flash to vector format

Copy and paste seems to work if you are using both Flash & Illustrator
at home.  If you have to share with others, Flash will export to a
sensible medium - ai / eps are both available in the "Export Image"
dialogues, but watch out, I think it exports from the clip you are
editing rather than the main timeline.

Eric Lee wrote:
Howdy list,

I'm looking for a way to export vector data from flash to some sort of a format that Illustrator can use-svg, ai, eps, etc. Does anyone know how to
do this?

Thanks!

-eric

++