Hello,

I am having a problem with embedded fonts and I need some help.  I've looked
around on the web and saw people with similar problems, however their
problem was that they never set TextField.embedFonts = true, which I am
doing.

I have a static class that creates a TextField on stage and formats it using
a TextFormat.  This is the function that takes care of that:

private static function addTextField(theWidth:Number, tipText:String):Void {
       // set the text format
       theFormat = new TextFormat();
       theFormat.color = options.textColor;
       theFormat.font = "Arial";
       theFormat.size = options.textSize;
       theFormat.bold = options.isBold;

       trace("the selected font should be "+theFormat.font);

       // create the text field
       _root.tooltipMC.createTextField("tooltipText", 3, options.textMargin,
options.textMargin, theWidth-options.textMargin, null);
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.selectable = false;
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.multiline = true;
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.wordWrap = true;
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.autoSize = true;
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.embedFonts = true;
       _root.tooltipMC.setNewTextFormat(theFormat);
       _root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.text = tipText;
       trace("the actual font is:
"+_root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.getTextFormat().font);
       trace("the actual new font is:
"+_root.tooltipMC.tooltipText.getNewTextFormat().font);
   }

If I don't embed the fonts, the TextField uses Times New Roman.  If I do,
then nothing appears in the TextField.  I have tried using fonts embedded in
the library (properly linked) and standard fonts like Arial or _sans.
Nothing works.  The traces always show "the selected font should be Arial"
(or whichever other font I choose) and "the actual font is: Times New
Roman"/"the actual new font is: Times New Roman".

I don't understand what the problem is.  I am using very similar code in
another part of the movie and the fonts get embedded without any problems.
Could it have something to do with the fact that this is a static method in
a static class?

Thanks for the help,

--
Elie Zananiri