-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Steven
Sent: 03 November 2006 19:14
To: 'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Copy Constructor

Doing a trace I can see the copies are being affected as if they are
references. I was under the impression that array.concat() made a unique
copy of an array - is this not true?

Here is what I traced:

var tempState:Connect4State = new Connect4State(state);

trace ("Original board = " + state.board);

trace ("tempState.board = " + tempState.board);
trace ("tempState.map = " + tempState.map);

tempState.board[2][2] = 5;

trace ("Original board = " + state.board);
trace ("tempState.board = " + tempState.board);

And the result of altering the tempState.board also altered the original
board array.

Could really do with some help on this one.

Thanks

Paul