-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Clark, Craig
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 12:31 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Recommended encoding rates for FLV?

I have been using video in Flash since it was first introduced. So I will
tell you what I know from my experience. I agree with Bjorn.  The website he
suggests is a great resource. I will also point you to a website that allows
you to make a side by side comparison of codecs and bitrates.
http://www.flashvideofaq.com/ IMHO, the On2 Flix Flash8 encoding solution
will give you the best quality. If you have a lot of videos,  then you will
definitely want Sorenson Squeeze with the On2 codec plug in.

For a connection speed of 1mb  I would recommend 872 kbps bit rate for the
video and for the audio 44100Hz sampling rate and 128kbps bit rate. Video
size 720w 480h or less.  Encode with 2pass VBR for progressive download or
2pass CBR for streaming.

The quality of the source video will have the greatest impact on the quality
of the output video more than codecs or bitrates. So focus on that as much
as you can.

Cheers,

Craig Clark