Yeah good point James. Though I am not asking for code, just direction from
those with experience. Guess trying to re-write a game in a day at the same
time as trying to learn a new subject is a bit ambitious. I had pretty much
finished the game but the code is just one huge class, and all the pseudo 3D
movement is totally fudged as the graphics (fish eyed view) do not help with
coding 3D movement. Anyway I decided to start again from scratch and try and
do it in a more organised manner.

Here is the version of the game that I had nearly completed. Lots of bugs
but you will get the idea....

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/rugby_game15.html

The 3D effect of moving down the pitch was done by just scaling the
background / pitch image with values that I got by trial and error and its
just not good enough to polish things off.

Hence I am trying to recreate the pitch entirely with code

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/move_pitch.html

Then I will add a camera.

http://www.mediakitchen.co.uk/scaling_camera.html

Anyway as I said, this all has to be completed today which is why I cheekily
asked for some direction. I will probably just do the sounds the way I
previously done them for now and research this at a later date.

Ok time to create the 3D game environment....

Cheers

Paul