I don't know squat about as3 yet, but from the docs there is this:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/as3preview/langref/flash/text/TextField
.html#event:link

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:15 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Detecting a click on an html link in a text
field

A side note, fairly irrelevant, but I heard/read somewhere asfunction is
going away in AS3 - I think I saw that in the AS3 documentation - anyone
know what the equivalent form would be in the future?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness