Hey all,

I'm trying to use the printJob class (AS 2.0) to print a page with a dynamically drawn chart, something like:

mc_pp = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("printbox", this.getNextHighestDepth()); mc_pp.attachMovie("printPage"+i, "printPage", 100, {_x:-1000, _y:-1000});

        // ... call some routines which draw a chart

        mc_pj = new PrintJob();
        if (mc_pj.start()) {
                if (mc_pj.addPage("printbox",null,null,1)) {
                        print("page added successfully!");
                        mc_pj.send();
        _root.mc_pp.removeMovieClip();
        delete mc_pj;

I've tried many variations of this, including calling "addPage" on a callback from the movieClip after initializing, on frame 3 or so. The movieclip is rendered correctly on stage in all cases, but the printed job shows the movieClip as it appears before any actionScript is executed (or blank, e.g. in the case of a callback).

Am I missing something simple?
Does anyone have an example of printing a movieClip that needs to initialize before printing?

Thanks,
--Dave