Good news about the Wii!

"There is no FP9 for PPC Linux yet"

PPC? As far as I know* Pocket PC is Microsoft exclusive. What I would
expect in the future is player 9 (Linux version), but it will probably
need to get out of beta first.

Cheers

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_PC

On 11/13/06, Mark Winterhalder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, has the PS3's browser the Flash player by default? Which version?
> Keeping in mind that is running Linux*, is it version 7? I've tried to
> find information in their website* but no luck at all.

That's what I thought when I read the article, too.
My guess is that it's 7. There is no FP9 for PPC Linux yet, AFAIK.

But Sony will sell the PS3 for several years. FP9 is so much more
powerful that I'm sure it will be adopted widely, and fast. Imagine,
in two years, somebody with a PS3 can't access the websites of the
latest games... They won't let that happen.

The PS3 can be updated over the net. If it's not FP9, they will make
it so as soon as they can.

Mark

On 11/13/06, Zárate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was reading* this morning about people that have already bought the
> PS3 and I run across this guy:
>
> "The PS3s internet capabilities are impressive. By using the analogue
> sticks to move the mouse pointer, I was pretty much able to do
> everything from *view videos on YouTube*, download photos and videos
> attached to my e-mails and even do on-line banking and complete a
> money transfer."
>
> So, has the PS3's browser the Flash player by default? Which version?
> Keeping in mind that is running Linux*, is it version 7? I've tried to
> find information in their website* but no luck at all.
>
> Does anyone know if Wii or XBox have it as well?
>
> Thanks and sorry for the OT.
>
> Juan
>
> * http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6142782.stm
> * http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/news/2006/2006-10-17.shtml