Adam Fisk wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I understand the security concerns and sympathize
with them, but I still want my users to be able to install the app much
easier regardless.

"Adobe Flash" covers a wide range of deployment possibilities. It sounds like you're asking for ways to safely and easily install a desktop application from a web browser.

If so, then keep an eye on the upcoming Apollo project:
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Apollo

Other than that, you can always wrap the Adobe Flash Player in a native-code executable (as regular Projector or third-party shell) and use the browser's regular installation mechanism to download and activate. I wouldn't accept EXEs from strangers myself, but that's one way to do it with current technology.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd