I've run into something similar where events fire differently in different circumstances. In my case it was the sound.load event, and the problem was I was calling .load just before adding the listener. Switching it to add the listener before calling load (which is the more sensible way of course) fixed it right up.

-josh

On Nov 14, 2006, at 6:47p, Mike Keesey wrote:

Ot sounds like it has to do with asynchronous events happening in
different orders.

Try this--when the XML loads, set a "loaded" flag on the dispatcher to
true and then dispatch a "load" event. Your listeners should:
1) Check if "loaded" is true.
2) If so, proceed.
3) If not, listen for the "load" event.

I'll bet what's happening now is that your listeners don't start
listening until after the XML has already been loaded--hence they never
receive the event.

(That said, I could be way off.)
―
Mike Keesey

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:flashcoders-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:00 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] HELP!!! Eventdispatcher and firefox bug????

I've come across something for the first time...

at first I thought it was my code but...

My application loads xml, then dispatches a build event to another
class
which attaches clips from my library.

The application ALWAYS works if i launch the swf directly.

The application also ALWYAS works if I launch using a browser, but
ONLY
IE!!!

If I use Firefox(I'm using version 1.50.8). and have FP v 9.016
installed..it sometimes works (I can't give a percentage)...but what
usually happens
is I can trace right up to my 'build' method in the class receving the
'build' event and then nothing!!

Clearing the cache DOES NOT HELP!
The build method doesnt get called!

Again...this is only an issue in Firefox....

PLEASE HELP!  arghhhhhh!

[e] jbach at bitstream.ca
[c] 416.668.0034
[w] www.bitstream.ca