It depends on your display really. If you can code your apps to be
liquid, using Stage properties to turn off scaling and aligning to to
left then it should work in any res.

Problem comes in the differences between plasmas and LCD's and HD ready
plasmas

Your average LCD will have a true widescreen Pixel aspect ration (as
will most HD ready plasmas) - whereas most other plasmas will display at
1024x768.

If you want a one size fits all approach then your best bet is to
implement a _level0 squasher and produce all your work in widescreen
16:9 - then if you need to author for a stretched 1024x768 plasma - you
can "pre squash" your flash content in code on the _root which will then
be "restretched" on the plasma to give true aspect ratio on a stretched
pixel display.

Hope you get my gist, it's tricky to explain.

Cheers

Mike