Hi Rich, could you provide some sample code of your Settings class and your
xml processing ?

2006/11/16, Rich Rodecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hello,

I've got a class named 'Settings' which has a number of properties.  Those
properties are strongly typed to various types...string, number, boolean,
etc.

I'm loading in xml in a separate Model class, and then parsing the xml and
assigning the that various values in the xml to the properties of the
Settings class.  However, all the values are being set as a string (that
part I expected since I am assigning the  values of text nodes, which of
course are strings, in the xml to the Setting's properties)...and I'm not
getting any parse errors when I try and assign a string to a property that
is strongly typed as a number, or boolean.

I figure since I am trying to use myBranch.firstChild.nodeValue that
flash,
at compile time, can see I am trying to set a string to a property typed
as
a Number, so what's going on?