Safari is a POS.

One thing you can do is use MovieClipLoader::onLoadError to check the
error code. If it is "LoadNeverCompleted" (as opposed to
"URLNotFound"), re-attempt the load.

On 11/21/06, Haydn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is an issue with Safari as a similar problem
somethings occurs when loading HTML pages. From what I can tell it's
completely random. I'm using Safari 1.3.1 so maybe an update to 1.3.2
would fix the problem?

Haydn.

On 21/11/2006, at 9:08 PM, Daniel Forslund|Lists wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I've researched this - apologies if I've missed the answer somewhere.
> Anyways:
> I have a flash application that reads an XML-file and then proceeds to
> load lots of content dynamically - a common situation.
> Everything works very well, except now and then in Safari. Safari will
> then "miss" loading an element and my preload bar for that object will
> hang indefinitely. A simple reload of the page solves the problem.
> This happens regardless of whether I've cleared Safari's cache etc.
>
> The problem *never* occurs in other browsers (Firefox for example) or
> offline. So I'm starting to suspect Safari as the culprit rather than
> my code.
> - Has anyone experienced the same problem?
> - Any idea what may be causing it?
> - Any pitfalls in using Moviecliploader that may cause this?
>
> I would be very thankful for advice as I want to pin down the problem
> before it causes problems for the client. Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Dan

T. Michael Keesey
Director of Technology