Hi there,

I would say MM ones are, but that's my personal point of view. Every
time I tried to used them, I ran into problems. And, if you care about
performance, (and you should care even more if you're targeting mobile
devices) i wouldn't recommend them.

Nonetheless, components are not evil by default, you might want to
give a try to some of the Open Source ones:

http://osflash.org/components

Cheers,

Juan

On 11/25/06, dc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
putting flameproof pants on...

re components::

> I've looked at them. Everybody I know who's doing serious Flash stuff
> doesn't them because they're big, awkward, buggy and hard to customize.
> My impression is that, if they're used at all, mostly they seem to be
> used by non-programmers or very poor programmers.

a fair criticism? the EJB of Flash?

is there anything inherently bad about the architecture of components,
or does the above comment more refer to the actual components out there?

what other alternative ways are there to create frameworks that enable
rapid development?

I'm mostly doing flashlite1.1, where a slight parallel is always using
your own movieclips to do stuff, rather than MM buttons.
for flashlite 2.0, should we consider components, (of course,
developing our own)
or use a different strategy?

thanks!

/dc