Marcelo and luchyx, thanks for replies.

A few words about my case.
This is a kind of "digest" page where "summary" blocks are followed by
"click to see details" links. When user clicks such a link, details
info will be displayed right below the link on this page.
Click again - hide details.
As you know, this is easy to do in html+javascript by
element.style.display = "block"; (or "none" to hide)

In flash, it's more tricky:
I have placeholder tags (<tag_to_replace id="n">) in my text which
will be replaced by details_texts_array[n] when user clicks a link.

So, I can't use a button.
However, rebuilding the textfield (if just redefining all params won't
be enough) IS a solution. Frankly, I wouldn't like to rewrite
well-working (in v7) code, but...

> Flash ignore the unsupported html tags.!
Well, seems it's only v8 and "by random" (i.e., depending on it's
"mood" :-). The work-around is easy - just store html text in string
variable and play with it instead of field.htmlText ...
Also, I can't use "%_replaceme_%" because I need it to be a tag (not
shown in html textfield).

Also, my tags_for_css are not ignored! Thus, maybe it (player v8) just
doesn't like valid XHTML tags (like <my_tag />) but feels ok to
<my_tag> ?

The worst thing here is that I don't know a way to determine at
runtime if the movie was published for v7 or v8...
So, I'll have to make two versions of the class OR probably make

public static var publishedForPlayer:Number = 8; // or 7

to be set manually... ;-) A lot of fun, right?

If there's anyone else who wants to suggest anything on the subject,
I'd appreciate it very much.

--
Best regards,
 GregoryN