I use fusekit(http://www.mosessupposes.com), it's great for animation
sequences.

-Andy Stone

Here's an example of how I might do it...

import com.mosesSupposes.fuse.*;
ZigoEngine.register(PennerEasing, Shortcuts, FuseFMP, FuseItem);
//
var numOfClips = 3;
var currentClip = 1;
//the clips/images to load
var clipsToLoad:Array = ["img1.jpg", "img2.jpg", "img3.jpg"];
//the final x y positions..
var clipPositions:Array = [[100, 100], [200, 200], [300, 300]];
//this is you callback, it will be called when the last animation finishes
function loadClips() {
        if (currentClip<=clipsToLoad.length) {
                var created = createEmptyMovieClip("container_"+currentClip,
currentClip);
                mcLoader.loadClip(clipsToLoad[currentClip-1], created);
function moveClip() {
        var del = .0;
        var ease = "easeOutBounce";
        var pos1 = clipPositions[currentClip-1][0];
        var pos2 = clipPositions[currentClip-1][1];
        ZigoEngine.doShortcut(this["container_"+currentClip], "tween",
["_x", "_y"], [pos1, pos2], 1, ease, del, loadClips);
}
var mclListener:Object = new Object();
var mcLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
mcLoader.addListener(mclListener);
mclListener.onLoadComplete = function(mc:MovieClip) {
        moveClip();
        currentClip++;
};
loadClips();