I don't believe there is a way to have actionscript execute indepent of the
flv player. Using cuepoints to execute code inside the player is your best
and probably only option.

On 11/28/06, Merrill, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How would it "execute" - it would be playing inside the Flash player
called from a .swf anyway right?  So I would say no to having AS inside
the .flv - as flv is not a .swf. But read up on .flv and cuepoints in
the help docs.   Curious why?  Isn't the .flv going to be played in a
.swf anyway?  You can then use .flv cuepoints to trigger events.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness

say
>>somehow embedding code in an FLV. I'm thinking no, I know it would be
>>possible if it was a swf playing the flv, but i'm' wondering if it is
>>possible in just a straight FLV.
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
>>Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
>>http://www.figleaf.com
>>http://training.figleaf.com

Lyndon

"If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance."