Just checking for gotchas...

Are you loading text into a textfield on the stage, or creating the
field dynamically?

Either way, set myTextField.embedFonts = true; if you haven't already...

Jim Kremens

On 12/6/06, Marc Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am having trouble getting Flash to embed a font that is designated by CSS.

In Flash:
- I create a textfield, create a loadVars and a StyleSheet, load the
CSS into the StyleSheet, and designate the style sheet as the style
for the text field. I then load text into the textfield (currently
using hard-coded AS, but eventually it will be xml).
- I also create dummy text fields to embed the fonts in Flash that
the CSS uses.
- I then generate the .swf for testing.

The CSS file is present and working.

When I play the swf, Everything works okay ONLY IF the font is on my
system. If I remove the font from my system and double-click the swf
again, the font is replaced by a system-resident font.

Is there a right way to embed a font in a swf so that when it is
called by CSS, it will display even if it's not on the user's system?

TIA,

Marc Hoffman

Jim Kremens