hello david,

why do you call the stop() method before using attachSound() ?

[]'s
andrei

On 12/11/06, David Skoglund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi I have quite some problems with playing sounds. It works about 19 times
of 20... Have anyone come across this kind of irregular sound behavior?

Could there be a problem with stopping a sound right before starting a new
sound (a delay of the stop command so that it stops the new sound)?

Any help is very appreciated!

At the start of the program I initialize sound objects in a init function
like this:

class application.main{
static var sound:Object;

static function init () {
  // create global sound objects
  sound={}
  sound.comments=_root.createEmptyMovieClip("comments",
_root.getNextHighestDepth())
  sound.comments.soundObj=new Sound(sound.comments);

I start the sounds in a function like this:

function playComment (comment){
   // start comment
   main.sound.comments.soundObj.stop()
   main.sound.comments.soundObj.attachSound(comment);
   main.sound.comments.soundObj.setVolume(80);
   main.sound.comments.soundObj.start();

   trace ("comment: "+this.comment)
}

David Sjölander
Game Designer

Cogmed - Working Memory Training
Fryxellsgatan 4 | 114 25 Stockholm, Sweden | Phone: +46 (0)8 506 315 60 |
Cell: +46 (0)736 84 54 52 | www.cogmed.com