the button before calling a function on the model.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roberto
Scordino
Sent: 13 December 2006 11:35
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] MVC pattern problem

Hi,
I'm trying to use the Mvc pattern for the first time and I'm guessing
if I'm using the best method to achieve a goal.
Now the thing is working... only not sure there is a better mode!

This is the problem:
1) in my fla there are some movieclip containing button, they are
called elem1_mc.bottone_btn, elem2_mc.bottone_btn etc.
2)  in a cycle in the View I do
_rootMc.elementiAvatar_mc["elem"+i+"_mc"].model=_model;
_rootMc.elementiAvatar_mc["elem"+i+"_mc"].bottone_btn.onRelease =
Delegate.create(_rootMc.elementiAvatar_mc["elem"+i+"_mc"],
_controller.onElementiAvatarReleased);

3) in the Controller there is this function
public function onElementiAvatarReleased() {
        var elementClicked:Number =
Number(arguments.caller.target._name.substr(4, 1));
        var model:AvatarModel = arguments.caller.target.model;
        model.changeCurrentElementTo(elementClicked);
}

4) finally in the Model there is the function
public function changeCurrentElementTo(newCurrentElement:Number) {
        _typeCurrent=newCurrentElement;
        var stringa:String = "changed Current Element To:
"+newCurrentElement;
        var stato:Result = new Result(true, stringa);
        broadcastMessage("onChangedElementType", stato);
        readElementi();
}

the broadcastMessage tell the view to update itself according to the
new state of Model

I hope this is clear...

My question there is a method to do this without use
arguments.caller.target?

if you are a curious one can have a look at
www.imageinaction.net/avatar but at the moment is no finished...

Thank you
Roberto

23:17