I have had no troubles with it. We use it to maintain and develop our RIA but we do the projector creation under the Flash IDE.

We also use Eclipse for all sorts of non-programming document management tasks(preparing sales quotes and project proposals). We are a geographically distributed company and Eclipse helps keep us all on the same track by making CVS accessible to non-programmers.

Ron

Andy Herrman wrote:
I'd vote against Eclipse as well, but only because I couldn't ever get
the Actionscript plugin to work.

Then again, I tend to use Vim for all my text editing on the Mac, so
maybe I'm just weird.  I will have to take a look at TextMate though.
I keep hearing good things about it.

  -Andy