I have components that extend MovieClip in which I'm using an "onUpdate"
handler to perform a live preview. Define this handler function/method to
perform whatever visual updates you require on the Stage. Presuming you compile
the clip to a SWF, this handler gets invoked each time a parameter in the
Property panel or Component Inspector is changed.

-
Jason