But not really big projects, or projects that already have a lot of
overhead in the CPU already.  I have found the performance of Fuse to be
less than satisfactory in stressful situations.  This is my personal
experience only.

Confirmed. I'm experiencing the same situation.
I see my cpu (Athlon 64,3GHz) utilization often rises up to above 80%
when I play with a Fuse-based animation - even a simple one like a
mousetrail.

Glad to know that my machine is not the only one that suffers from Fuse.

--
Anggie Bratadinata
www.masputih.com

Merrill, Jason wrote:
1. Fuse -- From what I have gathered, this is great for big projects, but not so much for the small things.

But not really big projects, or projects that already have a lot of
overhead in the CPU already.  I have found the performance of Fuse to be
less than satisfactory in stressful situations.  This is my personal
experience only.  Open up a .swf that uses Fuse with a .swf decompiler
and you'll see how much extra code you're adding to your projects.
Using the Fuse classes, (unless you selectively import only the ones you
need - if you are savy enough to figure that out), will add 30k to your
Flash file and almost 4,000 lines of code.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America Learning & Organizational Effectiveness