Daniel,

AS3 requires Flash Player 9.  Is that dependency ok for your application?

As of the latest FP penetration stats (Sept '06), FP9 is only at around 36%
(of the known universe).  Some have reported successfully deploying on
external facing sites with the express install very easily upgrading anyone
who doesn't have FP9.

If you are ok with the FP9 dependency, I personally encourage you to
immediately migrate now into AS3, using the beta version of the Flash
Authoring  #9.

FP9 is substantially faster.  The changes between AS2 and AS3 are not
trivial.  If AS3 is in your future, and if you are ok with the FP9
dependency now, I would encourage you to not building any more legacy AS2
code.

My 2ยข

I am eager to hear other people's thoughts too :-)

hth,

Hello,

I am getting ready to launch officially a major project of e-learning
programs with a lot of interactive graphics and animation.

I have already started the project with AS 2 code.

I am wondering whether it would be a good idea and worthwhile direction to
migrate  now into AS 3, using the beta version of the Flash Authoring  #9.

Any ideas and suggestions?

Thanks,

Daniel