Hey folks,
I haven't been a member of this list long, but love the opportunity to learn from you folks. Please go easy on me as I'm not much of a Flash expert here and this is my first post on the list.

I have been searching for this problem I'm having and hopefully someone has some insight. Please take a gawk?

I have a main app (AS2, Flash 8) that loads up an external SWF at runtime. The root app has a panel of buttons that each have color transforms applied to their background colors (each is an instance of a library clip with a "background color" clip set to transform). Basically, the intent is to be able to change their colors at runtime, so I did my first foray into Transforms with this project.

So... I also want to take the color used for the buttons and apply them to clips that are inside an external SWF that is loaded during runtime. Thus, _root.button1 has a color transform set at initialization to an RGB value. What I want to do is apply the same color transform to _root.loadedMovie.someMovieClip .

I had all the transforms working great inside the _root app, but once I tried transforming stuff inside the loaded movie clip, I am having no luck.

I think it's mainly (only??) a scope issue, since I've done a "trace(this);" from inside the external SWF and when the root app runs, I see "_level0.container.instance2" ("container" is where the SWF is loaded, of course). So, I'm having trouble understanding where "instance2" gets decided, and how to control that so I can get to clips inside there... ie: _level0.container.instance2.myMiscMC ??? Every time I re-load the SWF (by clicking a "load movie" type button from _root), the "instance" gets updated... so it could be "instance12" after a while, for instance. (Gah! pun NOT intended)

Well.. I'm having trouble asking this question, since I'm not sure what to ask. Please let me know if anyone has some idea of what is going on here. I'll expand on the issue as I get some direction about what other info you need.

I've tried placing some of the transform initialization code inside the external SWF itself... I'm not getting my head wrapped around why I would do that, though. It seems like the root app should create/control the transforms. Bah.

Well, I'll see if anyone bites.  Thanks HUGE for any help!!

Best Regards,
Paul Hoza