-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kalani
Bright
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:09 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] FlexBuilder/Actionscript 3 Meta Tags

Aloha,

I'm new to this list and looking forward to the support I can give and the
help I can receive.

Anyway, about a week ago I started programming in AS 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.
Now I'm wondering about meta tags and so forth for code hinting.

I would like to enable in the codeing process to provide textual information
in the code completion tooltip.

For example:
if my method is:

/*
 @summary Says hello to someone
 @arguments argName The name of the person to say hello to  @returns True if
the operation was successful and False if it failed */ public function
sayHello(argName:String):Boolean {
    //code here...
}

if I type:
MyClass.sayHello(

rather than seeing sayHello(argName:String):Boolean in the code hinting
window I want to see something like this:

sayHello(argName:String):Boolean
Say hello to someone
TAKES: argString:String - The name of the person to say hello to
RETURNS: True if the operation was successful and False if it failed

Anyone know how to do this.  I've searched the net and can't find anything.
Search under flex builder, actionscript, flash, and eclipse for meta tags
and wasn't able to locate a thing except for AS 2.0 components which are
removed from 3.0

I had some of this when I was coding in primalscript and there were meta
tags when I was working with ActionScript 2.0 and components.
Are there any 3.0 meta tags anyone is aware of?

Thanks for your help,

Kalani Bright
kalani at manastudios dot com

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com