Joe Cutting wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the Adobe download site being very slow?
I've tried it several times in the last week from two different locations (in the UK) and it never really gets above 5k/sec (on my 500k/sec line). This is a particular problem with clients using IE who are trying to install the Flash Player. All they see is a empty box with no indication that the download is happening at all. Firefox is no faster but at least you see the download progress so you know something is happening.

I don't have full information here, but I do know that folks on the web team want to document what's going on when this symptom occurs. There have been improvements made to fix some of the causes of slow site response, but there are additional scenarios where we still need to remove impediments to normal speed.

I don't have full background info here myself, but I do know that there's ongoing work in this area, and that people involved do want to get public status info up soon. I hope this (weak) context helps in your own daily contacts a bit...?

tx,
jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd