thanks to all that replied to this... i've set up swfaddress right
now, but may have issues with the need for flash 8. does unfocus have
any restrictions on publish settings (i.e. has to be FP8, or can it be
FP7)?  I've not found anything so far regarding publish setting for
unfocus.

I'd prefer swfaddress, as bookmarking actually works. i use firefox
and bookmarking a page in unfocus did not take me directly back to my
deeplink.
again.. thanks for the insight.
~james