Using system fonts is the best idea since people that will read in Chinese will have the Chinese language installed on their comp. That's what I did for a multilanguage site i'm working on. For my part it's not XML but either text from a database or text file saved in UTF-8.

To test your movies you would need to install those languages on your system as well.

If you want to animate your text with alpha and tweening, then you'll definitely need to embed fonts for each language ... with the weight of your files increasing accordingly !

HTH

Alain

Mick G wrote:
I have a file that needs to be able to load various languages into the Flash
via XML (Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc.)
Any tips?
- Is this as simple as using system fonts for all dynamic text fields
- If I want smooth fonts, do I just need to find a font to embed for each
language (in which case I would need a seperate SWF for each language)